What is PTE?
PTE Academic is the world’s leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration. If one is ready to apply to university or for an Australian visa and need proof of your English proficiency, one can use PTE Academic. PTE Academic assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single 3 hour test session.
- To complete a PTE Academic test, candidate needs to attend a secure Pearson test centre. Candidate uses a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
- PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic content. During the test, the candidate hears excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts. The candidate hears a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, in order to be exposed to the type of accents to be encountered in everyday life.
- Candidates can schedule their tests as little as twenty-four hours in advance, sit a single three-hour test session and receive results within five business days.
- PTE offers flexible test dates. In 2014, test sessions were available 300 days of the year. Candidates can choose from test centres in 150 locations worldwide. The PTE exam is approved by the Australian Government. PTE exam is accepted by thousands of academic programmes, including Harvard, Yale and INSEAD.
- Candidates can send their scores to as many institutions as they choose – there are no additional fees for extra score reports and you don’t need to choose the institutions before taking the test.